Monday, September 3, 2012

Graduation day!!

Greetings all!

Mom and I had our graduation from the beginner obedience class tonight. We had to do some of the skills by ourselves in front of the whole class, like "out for a walk" (I have to heel and not try to herd Mom), "sit for exam" (I sit and stay, Mom walks away and then Miss Donna walks over and pets me) and "come when called" (don't think I have to explain that one and if I do, well then  . . .). We did those really well!

Then as a class we had to do a one-minute sit-stay and a three minute down-stay. I got bored during the sit-stay and laid down. We lost points for that, but I aced the down stay. Actually it came at a good time because I was tired, so getting to lay down for 3 minutes was very nice.

Mom was calm, I was calm, and that was a very good thing. 

We spent Saturday and Sunday down in Oxford with the Coyote, and that was good too. Callie, Sophie and I got to run around in his back yard, go to Lamar Park for a good long walk and a swim in the massive pond at the park. After that it was time for a bath for all three of us, then we got our ears cleaned and our nails ground down. Callie and I got the fur that grows between the pads of our feet trimmed too. It was exhausting! But we all look and smell great!

With the beginner obedience behind us, we start advanced obedience on Thursday night. Any additional training we can do will only help us get better and more prepared for our therapy team work. And our evaluation on the 23rd.

So as we continue down the therapy team training path, one paw at a time. 

Sniff ya later  - paws out!

The Samster

No comments:

Post a Comment