Sunday, September 23, 2012

Every dog has his day. . .or not

Hello all,

I had hoped to be posting today that we passed our evaluation with flying colors, but alas, I cannot.

Mom and I worked very hard this week, the conference was a great experience (more on that in another post). We went through our grooming regimen yesterday and practiced some this morning on the things that could cause us trouble. That went smoothly.

When I walked in the rehab center I was raring to go. The ladies that were there to check our paperwork and show us to the waiting room were so nice. Mom was in good spirits and I was relaxed and ready to get this done.

We came into the evaluation room and started to walk around the room so we could get familiar with the space and so I could sniff around.

And then we turned a corner and I slipped. And when my feet slipped so did my confidence. I felt like I couldn't trust the floor. Mom took me outside and walked me around to see if I could shake it off. And the ladies that were helping with the evaluation petted me and gave me treats to see if I could overcome my feeling that the floor was going to make me slip again.

Mom, after given some wise advice from several people, decided that it would do more damage to me and all the work and training we have done to proceed with the evaluation.

Sure we were disappointed - everything really seemed to be going in our favor and we had good momentum. No one would have ever guessed that a slip on a floor would be so derailing.

So we now have our homework. More work with slippery floors between now and December!

Mom and I want to thank you all for all the support and encouragement you have given us and know that we have not given up! We just need to work on floors. :)

Take care ya'll - paws out!

Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment