Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ode to a meat market

Hello all,


I know it's been a while since I posted anything on this blog, but Mom, Callie, Sophie and I have been busy. 


We've been visiting our friend the Coyote who moved to a place call Oxford (I don't know why they named it that - I didn't see an oxen). 


And right before her trip to Ecuador, the Coyote pointed out a meat market called LB's.  Here's their web site:http://lbsmeatmarket.com/

Once inside the door, Mom had found her new meat nirvana. They offer a wide range of fresh meats, dips, sausages and even seafood.


Mom took a liking to their cheese dips and the shrimp skewers and the stuffed mushrooms. She had MeeMother and GDaddy over and cooked up some delicious poached flounder as well (yes, we get to taste - I have to be able to accurately comment on the food!) 


Last night, she got home from the gym and we had a light snack for dinner - summer sausage from LBs, vermont cheddar cheese and spinach and cheese stuff mushrooms. It was all delicious! The summer sausage tastes like "real" sausage - not like the nitrate filled and highly processed summer sausage you can get at the store.


So on behalf of Callie, Sophie and myself, we'd like to give LB's 12 paws up!


Bone appetite!


Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment