Thursday, July 19, 2012

Let the journey begin!

Hello all,


Well this post is not really food oriented, but it's big news for me so I wanted to share it with you!


Mom and I are going to start the process of becoming a canine therapy team. This means that once we pass all of our training and all of our tests, we can go visit hospitals, hospices, assisted living facilities, etc. . .


So yesterday I got my shots (gotta be a healthy dog to do this) and Mom took me to visit her work, First South Financial in Bartlett. She introduced me to a lot of really nice new people who were more than happy to pet me and tell me what a sweet dog I am, how handsome I am, what a good boy I am, and so forth (of course it's all true, but i don't let it go to my head). I even got some belly rubs too!


After that we stopped by Pet Smart for some flea and tick treatment. I met a really big dog who was very nice. After we sniffed each other out we smiled and wagged tails to let our humans know we were cool.


Mom starts the process on Sunday - she has a workshop to attend. Monday we start obedience classes. I hope I pass! Cross your paws for me!


We will be working through Mid South Therapy Dogs to receive our certifications. I have to pass my Canine Good Citizenship test and Mom and I have to pass our Therapy Team certification. It's a lot of work, but Mom says I love attention so much that I'll be a natural.


Seriously folks, I remember being a stray on the street. Cold, hungry, chased off and when someone finally did take me in, they got tired of me and tossed me from a moving car. Then West TN Border Collie Rescue found me. My foster mom and dad were awesome, and then I found my forever home. I know what it feels like to be lonely. I know what it feels like to think no one cares about you. So if I can somehow repay the kindness folks have shown me over the years, then I might as well get off my furry butt and do it!


So in addition to my culinary reviews, I'll be posting pics and updates of how we're doing.


Mom and I thank you in advance for your support. We'll keep you posted!


Bone chance ( that's french for good luck),


Sammy



No comments:

Post a Comment