Mother's Day was in the not too distant past, so I figured I could still post about what we, uh, I mean Mom, made for her mom on Mother's Day. Sometimes the simplicity yields the best results.
Dinner was grilled salmon, grilled ahi tuna and poached scallops. Those were good, from what I hear, because there were no bites available for me to sample.
However, I did get to sample dessert. Mom made sweet crepes - thanks to Alton Brown's recipe from the Crepe Expectations episode - with fresh strawberries and blueberries and creme freshe. Something funny happened when Mom was making the creme freshe. The mixer she was using (it was her grandmother's) was so powerful that it turned the cream into butter! So mom emptied it into a dish, squeezed out the excess cream and let it set up in the fridge! It was delicious! And since it had a bit of sugar, it was truly sweet cream butter! Yummy!
And what do you do when you don't have a spatchula to slip the crepes? You do it the old fashioned way and flip them! Mom did good, she was 7 for 8 (one only flipped over half way) and with the mixer on a more moderate speed, the hot crepes were folded, covered with fresh strawberries in thin slices and fresh blueberries and then topped with heaping dollops of creme freshe!
Mee-Mother (mom's mom) couldn't finish hers so Callie, Sophie and I were given a rare treat!
C'est trien bien Mom!
And as always, bone appetit!
No comments:
Post a Comment